- Certified Organic by A Bee Organic
- Certified Kosher by Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
About the product:
- GOOD FOR THE HEART: Flax seeds are rich in lignans, which promote cardiovascular health.
- ANTIOXIDANT BOOST: Organic Golden Flaxseed helps reduce the damage from free radicals.
- VEGAN SOURCE OF OMEGA 3 FATS: Don’t eat fish? Flax seeds will give you essential omega 3.
- 100% ORGANIC: Food to Live® Golden Flaxseed is free of any contaminants.
- GREAT FOR WEIGHT MANAGEMENT: Flax seeds are full of fiber and nutrients, but low on calories!
Like other seeds, flaxseed isn’t paleo. However, there is no arguing the fact that ground flaxseed is very good for digestion. They also give you a potent boost of antioxidants, dietary minerals, and omega fatty acids.
Our Organic Flax seeds are fresh and delicious, so you can use flaxseed meal for baking a variety of safe and delicious goods.
The flax seed nutrition value is so high; some consider this food to be a natural nutritional supplement. They are one of the best plant sources of omega 3 fats, which means it’s a must-have food for vegans.
Flax seeds are good for your body as a whole because they give you a boost of manganese, copper, selenium, phosphorus, and magnesium, as well as B vitamins. The protein in flax seeds is easy to digest, so this food is a great addition to any athlete’s diet.
Buy Organic Whole Golden Flaxseed from Food To Live® in bulk as the seeds won’t expire for years.
Store flaxseed in a cool dry place. Keep the seeds dry in an airtight container.
There are many flax seed recipes that call for cooked, ground, milled or sprouted seeds. The best way is to grind them using a flaxseed grinder, blender, or even a regular coffee grinder. Flaxseed powder and meal are easier to digest.
Sprouting flaxseeds is a challenge because their hulls are extremely hard. This is also why they require extensive cooking. If you want to enjoy flaxseed sprouts, you’ll have to use a vermiculite medium or a paper towel.
You can eat flaxseed in smoothies, salads, and baked goods. Here’s an example of a super-healthy flaxseed smoothie.
- 1 tablespoon flax seeds
- ½ cup soy milk
- 1 banana
- 2 cups kale
- 1 tsp maple syrup
Mix all ingredients in a blender until smooth and enjoy right away. Serve over ice in the summer.
This product is processed in a facility that also processes tree nuts and wheat.