- Certified Organic by A Bee Organic
- Certified Kosher by Union of Orthodox Jewish Congregations of America
- Suitable for Vegetarians
- Suitable for Vegans
About the product:
- VEGAN PROTEIN SOURCE: ½ cup of cooked Food to Live® Black Turtle Beans gives you 8g of protein.
- WEIGHT CONTROL: Black beans are rich in fiber and help control your appetite by making you feel full.
- IMPROVED DIGESTION: Eating Black Turtle Beans regularly helps keep your digestive system healthy.
- ORGANIC PRODUCT: Food to Live® Organic Black Turtle Beans are 100% GMO and contaminant free.
- ANTIOXIDANT SOURCE: Black beans are full of potent antioxidants that protect your body.
Black turtle beans are one of world’s healthiest foods and offer many benefits, such as digestion and blood sugar control support. Food To Live® Organic Black Turtle Beans are extremely good for you regardless of what diet you follow.
This food serves as a great source of carbs and fiber. 1 serving (½ cup) of cooked beans gives you 20g carbohydrates and 7g highly soluble dietary fiber.
Black turtle bean seeds give you a huge nutritional boost. They are rich in protein, minerals, and vitamins, including:
- B vitamins
There are hundreds of fantastic black turtle bean recipes for you to enjoy. You can also buy delicious black bean pasta, spaghetti, noodles, and even flour.
To prepare our Organic Black Turtle Beans you need to soak them overnight, drain, and then either cook them by simmering or baking. If you need to prepare them fast, use a pressure cooker.
Black beans are the most popular in Latin America and India, where frijoles negros and maa ki daal are national dishes. In the US people love to use them in brownies, salsa, burgers, hummus, and dips.
Your dog can have these beans too as long as you don’t add spices to them.
Check out this amazing recipe for black bean soup:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 stalk celery
- 2 carrots
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp cumin ground
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 60 oz black beans (cooked or canned)
- 1 15oz can corn
- 1 14.5oz can crushed tomatoes
- Black pepper and salt to taste
Sautee onions, carrots, garlic, and celery. Season with spices and cook for 1 minute. Add vegetable broth, corn, and half of the beans. Bring to a boil.
Process tomatoes and the other half of the beans in a blender. Stir into the soup and let simmer for 15 minutes.
This product is processed in a facility that also processes tree nuts and wheat.